Employment / Students
PCES currently employs six full time members plus 40 casual volunteers. If you are interested in joining our team please forward a resume to the station, Attention: Tammy Jack.
Notes on Student Practicum:
- As you arrive at the station, please verify parking location as some stalls are reserved.
- Your shift will begin at 8:00 a.m. or 1800 hrs.
- Arrive in uniform and ready to begin your shift. You will be responding with crews as soon as a call comes in.
- Upon your arrival at the station, you will be met by your primary preceptor who will give you the station tour, rules and requirements.
- You will be given a designated sleeping area where you will keep your sleeping supplies and personal belongings.
Supplies you must provide:
- Bedding supplies/sleeping bag
- Alarm clock
- Approved uniform (and change of uniform)
- Approved footwear
- Personal washroom and shower supplies (ie. towels)
- if you must make long distance calls, please have own cell phone, calling card or call collect. Personal calls can be received in the evenings only unless in case of emergency
- Students must provide for own meals
- Practicum supplies – ie. pens, paper, books
Department will provide:
- Portable radio
- Sleeping facility
- Use of washer/dryer
- Use of all kitchen supplies
- You will respond on all calls and work closely with all members of our department.
- Students must be professional and open to preceptor suggestions and improvements.
- Students will keep his/her preceptor manuals with them on all calls – filling out PCR’s and having them signed shortly after calls.
Your practicum should be fun and also an excellent learning experience. It is our hope to meet or exceed students’ expectations for success!